Southside Middle School names Teacher and Employee of the Month | News
Southside Middle School in Tallassee recently named its Employee of the Month, Mrs. Pam Cox. A native of Autauga County, Mrs. Cox is a graduate of the University of West Alabama in Livingston. This is her 21st year in public education. Mrs. Cox has served as our guidance counselor for the past 10 years but taught 5th grade prior to that time. She is married to Rodney Cox and they have two children: Chelsey, a 10th grader at Tallassee High School, and Colby, a 5th grader at Southside Middle School.
The Teacher of the Month is Mr. Michael Bird, a native of Montgomery and graduate of Troy University. He is currently in his 16th year as a schoolteacher. Mr. Bird has been the band director at Southside for the past 8 years. He is married to Sena Thibodeaux Bird and he has six children: Michaela (a 10th grader in Cumming, GA), Miriam (a 6th grader at Southside), Abbey (in 4th grade at Tallassee Elementary School), Danielle (in 2nd grade at Tallassee Elementary School), Gregory (in Kindergarten at Tallassee Elementary School), and Lydia (age 4).
Information Source: Southside Middle School
Upcoming Events near Tallassee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmore Co. authorities trying to identify victim in cold case
- Hundreds raised for Wetumpka good Samaritan who returned $650
- Wetumpka man killed in crash with Elmore Co. school bus
- Central Alabama Master Gardeners Association's 'lunch & learn' session coming up
- Collier, Holmes headed for runoff for AL House District 31