ALDOT Continues Resurfacing Project on I-85, in Macon County | News
MACON – Weather permitting, Tuesday, October 23, the Alabama Department of Transportation will begin resurfacing work on I-85 southbound from milepost 47.5 (Macon/Lee County Line) to milepost 36.0 (approx. 2 miles south of the Tuskegee Exit).
During the resurfacing time, there will be lane closures in place Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to approximately 6:30 p.m. within the limits of the project. The work should be completed by 2 p.m., Monday, October 29.
Motorists are requested to consider adjusting arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this construction to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.
Information Source: ALDOT
Top Tallassee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Police continue investigating shots fired into building on 280
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Lake stakeholders oppose FERC’S refusal of proposal
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/14 - 6/16
- Alex City authorities start death investigation after couple found dead inside home
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/10, 6/11
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox