Run-off needed in Tallassee mayoral race | News
TALLASSEE, AL (WSFA) - The mayoral race in Tallasee is being pushed into a run-off after the candidate with the highest votes failed to pull at least a majority of the vote.
Robert Payne held 42 percent of the vote, besting his rivals, mayor George McCain and Fred Hughey.
McCain took 35 percent of the vote and Hughey took 23 percent.
Payne needed 50 percent plus one vote to win outright, but he'll now face McCain to see who will ultimately win.
Upcoming Events near Tallassee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmore Co. authorities trying to identify victim in cold case
- Hundreds raised for Wetumpka good Samaritan who returned $650
- Wetumpka man killed in crash with Elmore Co. school bus
- Central Alabama Master Gardeners Association's 'lunch & learn' session coming up
- Collier, Holmes headed for runoff for AL House District 31