Lee Principal and Choir to appear at Black History Program in Tallassee | Events
Southside Middle School in Tallassee will hold its annual Black History Month program on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. in the school gymnasium. This year's celebration of African Americans will feature a guest lecture from Lorenza Pharrams, Principal at Montgomery's Robert E. Lee High School. Mr. Pharrams will outline his steps for student success during his speech. Southside students will also present short vignettes about great moments in African American history, as well as a slideshow presentation concerning inventors, athletes, musicians, scientists, and other notables. Musical selections will be performed by the Robert E. Lee High School Choralees, conducted by Brenda Shuford. We invite you to visit Southside Middle School on Wednesday afternoon for our Black History Month assembly!
NOTE: Mrs. Shuford's award-winning choirs have performed around the Southeast, and amazingly she is only the third choral director in the school's nearly 60-year history, following Ellyn Dudley and Gene Davis.
Upcoming Events near Tallassee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bond reduction denied for accused Elmore Co. sexual predator
- Elmore Co. authorities trying to identify victim in cold case
- Hundreds raised for Wetumpka good Samaritan who returned $650
- Wetumpka man killed in crash with Elmore Co. school bus
- Central Alabama Master Gardeners Association's 'lunch & learn' session coming up