Authorities working to sort out bizarre Elmore County murder | Crime
TITUS, AL (WSFA) - Elmore County Sheriff's Deputies are working to sort out circumstances that led to the death of an Elmore County Woman after a day of drinking.
According to Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin, deputies responded to the 9000 block of Titus Road on Friday night and found 31-year-old Patricia Allen dead from an apparent gunshot wound. Allen had been shot in the mouth with a 410 shotgun.
A man on the scene, 41-year-old Jamie Slay said the two had been drinking all day. Slay first told deputies that Allen shot herself. He then changed his story and said that someone broke in to the residence and shot Allen. Sheriff Franklin said Slay had consumed a large amount of alcohol - 36 beers, a pint of vodka and a fifth of whiskey.
While deputies still need time to sort out the events of that night, forensic evidence was collected from the scene and shown to Slay. Franklin said Slay then admitted that he and Allen were arguing when he shot her. Slay hid the shotgun 200 yards away from the crime scene in a wooded area.
Slay has been charged with Murder, he is currently being held in the Elmore County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Tallassee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elmore Co. authorities trying to identify victim in cold case
- Hundreds raised for Wetumpka good Samaritan who returned $650
- Wetumpka man killed in crash with Elmore Co. school bus
- Central Alabama Master Gardeners Association's 'lunch & learn' session coming up
- Collier, Holmes headed for runoff for AL House District 31